I have great pleasure in welcoming aboard a great new corporate partner in New Age Caravans. Gabby & Joe Barrasso have recently signed on as the major sponsors of the South Morang Football Club, Seniors & Juniors.
They have agreed to partner us initially for the balance of this season and the 2014 & 2015 seasons. Their most generous offer will see the club run a major raffle in the 2014 & 15 seasons with the first prize, of course being one of New Age’s fantastic caravans.
Check out their website www.NewAgeCaravans.com.au. If you are in the market for a great new caravan please check out their range and give them a call. Don’t forget to tell them you are from South Morang F.C and let them know how appreciative we are of their most gracious partnership of our club.
The New Age name will obviously start to appear in many places around the club. Please welcome them aboard and offer your patronage as we need to do for all our great sponsors and supporters of the club. Thank you.
Club Forum 16 September
7.30pm at the Clubrooms
The forum is to have an open discussion on the proposed new constitution which will encompass the Senior & Junior Clubs as one entity.
Proposed New Constitution – AMENDMENT – 17th September 2013 - Rule 36. Quorum at general meetings. Item 2 - should be 30 members not 30% of members.
Annual General Meeting
Monday 30 September 7.30pm at the Clubrooms
As well as the required submissions and voting at an AGM we will also be voting on the proposed new constitution.
23. Election of officers and ordinary committee members
(1) Nominations of candidates for election as officers of the Association or as ordinary members of the committee must be --
(a) made in writing, signed by two members of the Association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of nomination); and
(b) delivered to the Secretary of the Association not less than 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting.
(2) A candidate may only be nominated for one office, or as an ordinary member of the committee, prior to the annual general meeting.
(3) If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the committee, the candidates nominated shall be deemed to be elected and further nominations may be received at the annual general meeting.
(4) If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated shall be deemed to be elected.
(5) If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot must be held.
(6) The ballot for the election of officers and ordinary members of the committee must be conducted at the annual general meeting in such manner as the committee may direct.
Would you like to Coach in 2014?
Applications are now open for Coaches for 2014. Application forms are available here.
Junior Grand Final Filming
The NFL has provided information on obtaining copies of the action form this year's Grand Finals.
Tackers Day Photos
Photos from Tackers Day are available for viewing and purchase, simply go to:
How Telstra Plenty Valleycontinues to support SMJFC…
When you need to update your mobile, get a new Telstrahome phone/internet bundle, or connect to the NBN make sure you visit Telstra Plenty Valley at Westfield Sth Morang.
For every eligible service arranged through Telstra Plenty Valley, we will give your club $20!(please bring the voucher from the SMJFC newsletter & mention you are a member) With over 500 members that could add up to a lot of easy dollars raised over the year simply by choosing
TELSTRA PLENTY VALLEY
Telstra Plenty Valley, Westfield South Morang 9437 8650 (Store) or 1800 NBN NOW (NBN Sales/Enquiries)
PROUD SPONSOR OF SOUTH MORANG JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUB